With Closr, we are committed to protecting your privacy, and we believe in being transparent about what information we collect and how we use it.
- Information we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- How we share the information we collect
- Accessing and modifying your information
- Your preferences
- International users
- Our policy towards children
- How we protect your information
- Changes to this policy
- How you can contact us
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In order to provide you with our Services, we collect certain information from you when you register and interact with our Services. The information we gather falls into two categories: information you actively provide (for instance when you create an account), and information we collect through your use of our Services.
Information You Provide
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register for an account, we will ask for your name, email address, a password, and a telephone number. You may also provide additional information such as a profile picture, title, company, phone number, and e-mail.
- Contacts. We never collect your contacts, but with your permission we use the data available from your mobile address book contacts, including names, telephone numbers, email addresses, pictures and social media handles, if available.
- Information You Post. We collect information or other content that you may post using our Services (such as notes, voice memos, photos, videos, locations, friends you are with). When you post things on our Services, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took a note, photo or video.
- Other Services. We receive information when you choose to connect social media or other third party accounts and applications with your account, including a token to authenticate your identity between these accounts.
- Payment Information. We do not collect credit card information. Purchases for virtual goods or upgrades to our premium services are handled by third party app stores such as Apple’s App Store and Google Play, among others. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of such app stores.
Information Others SAVE About You.
We may receive information about you from other users, such as when they connect their address book to our Services, invite you to use our Services, post notes, memos and photos of you, or include you at a location.
Information We Receive From Your Use of Our Services.
- Usage Information. We also collect certain information when you use our Services, including: (1) information about your interaction with the Services, including the actions you take on the Services and your interaction with other users, third party applications, and advertisements; and (2) device information, such as unique device identifiers, wireless service provider or mobile carrier, operating system information, IP address, browser type and language.
- Location Information. We will collect location information if you provide it to us or based on, for example, your telephone’s GPS coordinates, unless you configure your operating system settings to prevent our collection of location information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We may also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our Services, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our Services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit.
- Subscription Information. For Premium users, in addition to the information set forth above, we also collect the user’s subscription start and expiration date, and whether the subscription resulted from a particular promotion.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use this information for the purposes described below:
- To provide our Services or information you request;
- To personalize, improve, and promote our Services, such as providing content or features that match your profile or interests (including ads), and to monitor and analyze usage and trends;
- To help you to find and connect with your friends, including inviting them to use our Services, and to help your friends find you;
- To communicate with you through email or messages, notices posted on our Services, and other means available through the Services, including mobile text messages and push notifications. Examples of these messages include: (1) welcome and engagement messages; (2) a text message to enable you to verify your telephone number; (3) service-related messages such as notifications, confirmations, updates, and security alerts; and (4) promotional messages. We will also communicate with you to provide customer service; and
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE?
We will not share the information we have collected from you except as described below:
Sharing With Other Users
- In Closr. Your Closr friends will have access to information you include in your profile. Other Closr users can search for you on Closr, and get your location when you are using MINGL mode in Settings. Then your name and profile picture will always be viewable by other Closr users also using MINGL.
- Third Party Applications. We will share your information, including personal information, location information and friends list with certain social networking or other third party applications or services, if you choose to connect them to our Services.
Service Providers and Other Third Parties.
We will not share information with service providers and other third parties.
Other Sharing. We will also share your information:
- When you give us your consent to do so;
- With our corporate affiliates;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access and modify certain profile information or delete content you have posted through our Services. You can either temporarily disable or permanently delete your account through our Support.
If you disable your account, we log you out of your account and cease sending you push notifications, but we will save your information in case you later decide to reactivate your account. Your profile and content will still be visible by other users.
If you delete your account, we will permanently delete your account information and moments and we will delete your messages according to our regular retention schedule. Please note that we will continue to store certain information for analytics purposes, but that information will not include your personal information such as name, email address, or telephone number. We will also retain any information as required by law.
Our settings may allow you to adjust certain sharing preferences, including the automatic sharing of your location with others through MINGL. Please carefully use our Services and review your account settings.
Our settings may also allow you to adjust your communications preferences. If you do not wish to receive promotional email messages from us, you may opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. If you opt out, you will still receive non-promotional emails from us about your account and our Services.
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Our Services are not directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will delete such information.
WHAT STEPS DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Effective Date: August 11, 2015